Your cart is currently empty!
Posted October 30, 2020
Here are some announcements courtesy of the Wagner Society of the Upper Mid-West
- Glyndebourne Festival Opera’s Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, available through Sun Sep 6, 17:00 BST (11 AM CDT)
- Powerhouse Arena and The Wagner Society of New York present the official U.S. launch of Wagnerism: Art and Politics in the Shadow of Music by Alex Ross in conversation with A.O. Scott, live on Mon Sep 14 7-8 PM EDT (6-7 PM CDT)
- The Manchester Wagner Society presents a lecture by their President, Derek Blyth, “Amfortas – the wound! The concept of injury and recovery in Wagner and in medieval legend and literature” live on Mon Sep 14 7-8 PM BST (1-2 PM CDT). Please contact John Payne at email@example.com to register and obtain a Zoom link.
- Finnish National Opera’s Der Fliegende Holländer, available through Tue Sep 29
- The Wagner Society of Northern California presents a webinar by Professor Katherine Syer, “Anniversary Thoughts: Wagner’s ‘Beethoven’ Essay of 1870, ” live Sat Nov 7 1-2:30 PM PST (11 AM-12:30 PM CST)
- Opera Vlaanderen’s Parsifal
- La Monnaie/De Munt’s Tristan und Isolde
- The Wagner Society (of London) presents a lecture, “Wagner and the German Theatre in Riga” and encourages you to learn more about the restoration of this theatre and contribute to it